Today Alex and I went to the Provo Library for the lap-time rhymes and story-time for babies under a year. It was actually really fun. We barely made it in time (usually Alex is sleeping at 10 when it starts and today he was awake about 10 minutes before) but got there for the fun with lots of other little tots. I even ran into a friend of mine whose son is about 10 days older than Alex. I think I'll make more effort to make it again.
This evening after Keith was home from work, Alex was laying on his belly on a blanket playing...he started scootching himself backwards on the blanket. He would push back onto his knees and then his legs would slide back. We of course praised him tons and he did it again and again until he crossed the whole blanket!! What a guy. He's really enjoying being able to move around a bit now. He is really good at turning himself around in a circle to get to toys that are on his sides and such. He does get frustrated when he pushes his toys too far from him to get them easily. Some of his favorite toys right now are water-bottles, a xylophone piano thing, a musical duck, and chew rings. He still loves to be able to get a sip of water now and then. He will attack anything that seems liquid and close enough to grab. He has quite the reflexes and grip!
Tomorrow Alex turns 5 months. It's hard to believe that 5 months ago I was in the hospital in labor...about to meet this little man that has taken over our world! He is such a joy to us, we get strangers in church come up and tell us that they saw him from five rows back and just couldn't help smiling and staring at such a cute little guy. His smile lights up our world and it seems the world of many others. I guess that's why we go to such lengths, making funny faces, funny noises, and fools of ourselves just for a giggle or a smile. Oh, the power these small things have over us!
No comments:
Post a Comment