Keith finished classes last week and is now in the middle of finals. He has less finals than he did end of the year projects, so except for grading papers for the class that he TA's for he is nearly done. As of today he has one test to study for and take, and one paper that is about done to turn in. Then a LOT of grading! :) At least he gets paid for that part!
There are a lot of final goodbye events going on, we had a few closing socials last week and we'll have a few more this week and FRIDAY is the big day!!! Keith will officially walk with his class and Savanna will turn 1!! Though we'll probably celebrate that on Saturday! We knew going into the program that it would go by really quickly--it's only four semesters. It has gone by fast. It has gone by slowly. No one can quite believe we're actually done. But here we are at the precipice of the end.
I know it's not my degree, but I feel like it's been a family effort to make it through this journey. But, I've learned a lot (I definitely don't have a business degree, but I know a lot more lingo and look at the world in a whole new way).
I'm ready for life to settle down a bit though. I don't think it ever really does slow down, but we can hope!
We had family pictures taken on Friday by a friend of mine, I'll send the link as soon as she's posted the preview. Alex was really excited to have a photographer at his disposal. He wasn't as concerned about getting his picture taken as he was to have her take pictures of the birds and ducks around! Hopefully some of them come back without Alex pointing to what he thought she should be taking pictures of! :)
Alex has also been calling me "honey" lately. It's so cute and funny. And saying "What do you say? What do you say? ...PLEASE!" Usually when he wants something. He loves typing the letter "k" on the computer and if I'm in typing something he comes in and monitors me telling me to not push 'k'. It is apparently HIS key!
Savanna is getting more deliberate in her wants. She will take you to what she wants and point and uh-uh-uh at it, or want you to lift her to it. There are a few words that it sounds like she's using, like "open", "woof", "fish" and for how much she LOVES her shoes, you'd think she has a word for them too, she just holds them out with her feet up in the air putting them against her feet.
They're growing up so quickly. It is so fun to watch them discover and learn and explore. Alex is very helpful and Savanna loves when you tell her 'thank you'. She'll hand things to you for a long time if you just thank her for each piece. Clean-up time is slow sometimes, but we all get to work together! :)
I know what you mean, I'm no marriage therapist, but I feel like I could hold an intelligent conversation with other therapists. It's fun to be involved in your husband's field. Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the end is near! It will feel great to settle a little more. So cute about Alex calling you honey. What a cute boy. I can't wait to see the family pictures. You guys are awesome.
ReplyDelete