Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sometimes it feels unfair...

One of our MBA friends' wife, one of my friends, passed away this week unexpectedly. She gave birth to her third child last week, got home from the hospital and then started feeling sick. It turns out she had Strep A that got into her blood stream. She was declared brain dead yesterday. It happened really suddenly--strange that just a couple weeks ago we were celebrating together the graduation of our husbands. Wondering when her baby would come. Planning for the future.
I'm so grateful that I knew her. She was such a beautiful person. She just radiated happiness and joy. She had a huge smile that she showed often. She was a talented pianist (she had her doctorate in Piano). I am so saddened by the loss and filled with grief. I can't imagine what her family is feeling. Her poor husband.
When we heard the news last night I held my family a little closer. A little tighter. I hope you do the same. Life can be unexpectedly short. Let's honor the precious time we have with each other and reach out to those we love.
We'll miss you Alice. We know you're in peace and with our Father in Heaven. We pray for your family that they may feel peace as well and treasure their memories of you. We know you're watching over them.

2 comments:

  1. What a tragic loss. My heart goes out to that sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry t hear it! I am never more grateful for the atonement and plan of salvation than in times of loss.

    ReplyDelete