Saturday, September 29, 2012

I have good excuses for not updating the blog I'm sure...they involve new callings (being the Primary President has kept me busy, but also Keith is now a counselor in the Branch Presidency), weather nice enough to be spending lots more time outside, extreme fatigue and lots of nausea.
 Alex successfully climbed into the tree by himself! He was so excited!
Ponytails in back!!! 

Keith's work had their annual picnic--there were tons of different blowup bounce house/game house things--the kids LOVED it!! It was a perfect weather day for it too--just warm enough!





 We ended with a crazy hayride--the guy was driving zig-zags through the parking lots and roads. I was very ready to be done with it by the time we made it back to the main plant.
 Keith and Alex making block castles. Alex is definitely a better helper with blocks these days--he actually is interested in the building process and not just the destroying process!
The Branch had a Super Saturday--I made a birthday calendar thing (like Gma Relf has)--I still have some work to do on it, but it was fun to sit around and visit while we created! :) 

I got a great opportunity to go to St Louis and attend a "Time Out For Women" conference put on by Deseret Bookstore. It involved an evening and a day of speakers and musical performances. It was a great time with some friends from the Branch. Keith and the kids came down with me and had fun going to the zoo and a mall downtown. I came back to the kids happily exhausted and asleep in the car--Alex had a large squeaking rat and Savanna had a bag full of ping-pong balls that were painted to look like eyes. I'm so glad that Keith takes time to be a dad. 
Work has been keeping him pretty busy the past couple of weeks as his co-AHRM has been away for recruiting and he's had to pick up the slack, but we're so glad that he's home for dinner and usually bedtime each night! 

Keith has had an interesting switch in roles this past month or so also as he's been doing 'info-interviews' with first year MBA students interested in General Mills. They are calling him, not as a student, but as a professional. He did a few info-interviews last Fall with people who came back from their internships interested in getting into General Mills, but they were classmates and first years who were fellow classmates--but now he is the graduated professional! :)

We are still enjoying Hannibal, and today went and officially became residents--we got our Missouri drivers licenses and registered to vote, just in time too--as the election is only a month away. As is the Primary Sacrament Program. :) Maybe we'll get another post in before then--hopefully I get some Halloween pictures up of the things Keith is making for the front yard--and we get our costumes figured out--and I get the Branch Trunk or Treat planned and ready to go....sigh. I need a nap! 

1 comment:

  1. You guys sounds busy! Primary President would be a fun but challenging calling. I'm a primary teacher and our president sure looks tired with the primary program preparations, it's been a lot of work as you certainly know. So are you guys expecting baby #3!? I'm probably safe to assume that with "exhaustion and nausea", right? :)

    ReplyDelete