There are times that my children question my instructions or limitations or wisdom...often in fact...sometimes it is easily explained, and as they get older that becomes more often the case, but there are also times that as much as I try to explain or would LOVE for them to understand, there just isn't a way for them to understand the full picture with where they are at in their understanding of the world. I can give a simplified answer that only partially addresses the question, but I have to ask them to simply believe me. You have to trust me right now because you can't understand yet. Let me show you. Follow me and you will see. You will learn why as you obey.
This is what Heavenly Father is telling me all the time too. I know you want all the answers and the vision that I have. I know you want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But you will come to understand as you experience this. You will know after you walk this path, not before.
Sometimes not understanding leads to tantrums--explosions of emotions and frustration. Anger at us as parents who won't do/allow. We too sometimes throw such fits with God. He must shake his head and laugh at us sometimes at the absurdity of our tantrums.
One other lesson that I've learned that I'd like to document for myself someday is a tender experience that gave me insight into how blessed we are to have a Savior that knows our griefs and has experienced our every sorrow. As I have walked the dark nights of crying babies, seeking information that cannot be had, I have had such a desire to know what is wrong...if I could feel for a moment what they are feeling so I could know how to help. That is exactly the gift of our Savior. He understands that which we cannot ourselves communicate. He knows how to succor us. He can heal all our wounds. There is no guessing. I'm so grateful to have such a Savior to turn to, to seek comfort and guidance from in how to care for my children too.
Thanks for reading my musings and hopefully it makes sense.
That was beautiful! Thank you!
ReplyDelete