Sunday, June 7, 2009

The End Nears....


Well, my due date is fast approaching, we have 10 days left. Not that the due date is anything more than a good rough estimate for the day of birth. In all reality it could be any day this month. We're getting pretty excited for his arrival. We've had babyshowers at Keith and my work, some old roommates did one for me and then my Aunt Babata did one as well. We are so blessed, people have been so generous. We spent yesterday cleaning the apartment and washing baby clothes and bedding to prepare for baby. One thing we haven't done (and don't plan to have done until the baby arrives) is choosing a final name for him. There are people that want us to have one already, but we want to have a few options when he's born and then we'll decide when he's here.
I'm definitely ready to have my abdomen back to myself. He is pretty calm, but he sure is taking up a lot of room. It's hard to sleep at night because it takes a gargantuan effort to turn over and get up to go to the bathroom. I've been lucky though becuase it really has only been the last few weeks that I've had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and it's only select days (depending on baby's position) that I have to constantly go pee just to go and have a small trickle.
As for cravings, I've gone most the pregnancy without real 'cravings'. There are definitely things that sound really good, but I've never made Keith go out for some random food item in the middle of the night. However, I did have a week recently where I had a MAJOR sweet tooth. I got home one day and wanted something chocolate so bad! I got out a large Hershey's candy bar I got at Christmas time and started eating it, now when I say large I'm not talking about the King-size one's you buy for cooking, it was a specialty thing that is probably a foot long and 3/4 inch thick. It's big. It was SOOOOO good. Later that night Keith was going to have some ice cream and asked if I wanted any. I told him no, I'd have a bite of his, but I was okay. Well as soon as I had a bite, it was suddenly not enough and I wanted more, so he handed over the bowl and let me eat it! :) It's subsiding now, but I'm eating more sugar than I have in a long time. I should be careful since I'm going to have to lose all this weight I'm gaining from it but for now I'll just enjoy being almost 9 months pregnant and have people think it's all baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment