
I'm pregnant!!!! We're expecting our first son June 17, 2009. We are so excited! We found out pretty early because I was getting a flu shot at work and didn't know if I could get one if I was pregnant and I had missed my period. I went downstairs to my OB/GYN's office and took a pregnancy test--it was positive! I sent a message to Keith and he responded with "Holy smoke! We're going to be parents!" We were sure it was going to be a girl. We were watching an episode of "Heroes" and there was a girl named Caitlyn, I said to Keith, "Caitlyn in a cute name--I could name a baby Caitlyn." He liked it too, so when we found out I was actually pregnant it was too perfect-then we found out we're having a boy...so the name game begins! :) I guess it would've been too easy. We are excited though to have a little boy...I'm excited to have a little Keith running around growing up to be like his daddy!
In other news Keith is in a play, "The Foreigner" up in American Fork. He has been practicing for almost two months now and his performances start this week. They only run four days, I will be really excited to have him back again! He starts at 6pm so between the time it takes to get home from work, we get to say a quick hello before he has to leave to go to practice and that lasts until usually 9, getting him home about 9:30 or 10. He's having a lot of fun with it though so I guess I shouldn't complain! I am going to their final dress rehearsal and closing night. I'm excited to see what they've put together! Keith plays the part of Ellard, the younger brother-backwoods kind of guy who 'teaches' the 'foreigner' English. It's a comedy and one of Keith's favorites, so when we saw that they were having try-outs for it, I told Keith he had to go for it and at least try. So I'm glad he got to have this chance.
The weather warmed up the past week or so and I am so excited!! Keith says that he counts Spring as starting March 1st, I sure hope it's true because I'm ready for it to warm up. Last Thursday and Friday I went for a walk during lunch and sat outside in the sunshine! I can't wait until that is more reliable!! Even today when it was rainy but warmer than it's been in long time....makes me so happy! Of course Spring means we're closer to having baby and I don't know how ready we are for that--we are but we aren't. It will be so odd to quit my job and be home with my baby. It's what I've wanted forever, but the reality of it is strange...like actually graduating from college, it's inevitable but when it arrives you think, "really...is this real? Am I really done? Is that it?" I'm sure I'll be there--ecstatic to have "arrived" and I'm sure I'll be too tired and too busy to do anything but move forward, but I'm sure I'll still wake up with dreams of being late for work or forgetting to get something ready for a surgery. :)
Well, it's late, I hope Keith will be calling any minute to tell me he's on his way home. He is such a miracle, I love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment