Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Sock Puppets
Yesterday Alex slept in until almost 9!! He usually is up by 7 or 7:30 every morning but I was very grateful that he got some extra sleep as he's had a few days of short naps and/or later nights than usual so he's been pretty tired. Well when it came to nap time, he wasn't acting particularly tired (since he was running on more night sleep than usual) but gladly took his bottle and headed to his room. Well, he lost interest pretty quickly in the bottle and wanted to play. I insisted that it was nap time and he needed to lay down. Well, I left him in there hoping he would settle down. He was upset at first and then started to play. This isn't too unusual. Often when he's trying to settle down he'll run around in his crib a bit, fuss some more and then settle down and go to sleep. Well the playing was getting very loud and rambunctious pretty quickly. He was squealing and laughing, making animal noises and just having a ball. I went back in to tell him to lay down again and I found him standing there with his socks on his hands and he turns to me with this big grin and moo's one and then woof's with another at me. I couldn't help but laugh. We have some hand puppets that we play with often, but we've never used socks--he came up with that on his own! He keeps us constantly in awe of the development of a human being. He's so fun to watch and play with. What a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How cute is that?!
ReplyDelete