First of all, I will post pictures soon--but you are welcome to see some pictures that were taken at the hospital at bellababyphotography.com the password is 0420savannajones
We got the phone call from the hospital about 10:15 the morning of the 20th to come on in and they would start the induction. We arrived a little after 10:30 and started getting checked in. It was a good thing I wasn't in labor since the lady was in training and it took a bit before they were ready to take us back to a room. We started out in a non-labor room while we waited for our room to be available when the previous occupant was discharged. So we did all the paperwork and got the IV started--I was about 4cm and 70-80% effaced. By then it was close to noon. The midwife came in and broke my water about 1-I was a 5 by then, and soon after we got to move into our labor room. This was about the same time the contractions changed to really intense and painful. By the time we were settled into the new room, I was e=ready for them to give me an epidural. Keith was still helping me stay in control, but the contractions were starting at full force and only about 2 minutes apart, lasting 60-90 seconds, so it was really getting difficult to relax and concentrate. I remember at one point the nurse or midwife telling me that the anesthesiologist was just outside the door and knew I was in pain and would be in there soon. After another contraction or two I was beginning to wonder if he was going to come. The room was filling up with all the nurses setting up for the baby. He finally came in and super fast asked all the questions and took my verbal consent and got to work. By the time he got in inserted it was obvious I wasn't going to take much longer because he didn't even hook it up, just left the initial med vial to do it's work. When he was done, I rolled over for the meds to start working and they told me I could push whenever I wanted to. So I started pushing with contractions--the epidural had started just enough that by the time I finally delivered I was numb enough that I didn't have any problems with the episiotomy repair. As I was being fixed up and Savanna was being weighed and measured I could feel the numbness starting to make it to my legs. I never was really numb, just tingly.
So the stats were: Savanna was born at 2:27pm, she weighed 7 lb 11 oz (one ounce less than Alex did), and was 19 1/2 inches long. She has quite a bit of blond hair and is very loved by all.
She is adorable. Congrats to you all. We hope she is a calm baby!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Can't wait to meet her! Sounds like your delivery went really well all things considered.
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOVE the pictures! :) I'll come see you soon. Let me know when would be good for you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Lisamica! She is gorgeous! I love the pictures, and am so proud of you. Your family is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything went well, aside from the epidural. ggrrrr
ReplyDeleteYou are one tough momma! I saw picts on facebook. She is ADORABLE! Enjoy your little girl.
Hooray! Well done, little momma (and papa too)!
ReplyDelete