We have had a busy year so far--I'm sure I cannot come up with half of the things that have kept us busy because I'm pregnant, and I'm lucky I remember the half that I do. :)
January Keith had a ton of stuff going on at work...well he has had a lot keeping him busy there since the year started. It hasn't slowed down yet and doesn't look like it's going to anytime soon either. It's been a good challenge for him mostly. I got back on track exercising with some friends and have been grateful to have people to keep me motivated to keep moving.
We also got a lot of snow. The kids had a great time making snowmen--after they finished this it continued to snow so much you couldn't even tell where they had used snow from. It was fun for the kids to have snow. They still talk about when the snowman melted away.
Alex has really enjoyed some nerf dart guns he got for Christmas.
Laundry day--the day that the laundry hamper is empty and becomes a favorite toy/tunnel/hat/and apparently a place to watch tv from. :) I walked in on this scene and had to laugh and take a picture.
Doing crafts with Daddy! I'm so glad I have a husband that is willing to stop and do things like glue little pom poms on pipe cleaners. :) Savanna made short work of destroying most of the these--but they were fun to make and good daddy/son time during a nap.
I made Savanna a couple of tutus--she isn't as into them as I thought she might be, someday. Sometimes she'll wear them though and they're pretty cute on her.
Alex had a fun time collecting shells that were intemingled in the rocks that line the driveway to our house. Every one we found he would shout, "Yes, I can add this to my collection!" and ask me what kind it was--usually a clam shell. In February we went to Reno to visit with Keith's family. Alex and Jaden adored each other and were nonstop playing from the minute we got there until we left. Brennan had a harder time finding a place with the big boys. He and Savanna also weren't the best of buds, so it left the two of them a little more lost as to what to do without their regular playmates. It was fun to see them all together.
We went to a kids discovery museum--in the middle was this huge climbing structure thing--totally enclosed with varying degrees of height and spacing of these 'clouds' the kids loved it. Savanna needed a bit more help so Keith and I also made a journey or two up to the top.
I was very glad I didn't get my pregnant belly stuck anywhere.
Alex was pretty cute when he took me up, he was very confident in where we should go--I had to redirect him a few times since there were definitely ways I should not have gone. It's a lot more size friendly to a three year old than a 31year old!
Taking off in the airplane fighter jet!For valentines we made some sugar cookies--Alex wanted blue cookies--and Savanna quite enjoyed that--she would lick all the frosting off and ask for more!
Savanna tries to ride this little horse she has--it is so funny!
This was quite the mismatched day--she is obviously wearing a Halloween shirt--she was also wearing capri's, snow boots, and her swimming suit. Crazy girl was a little mixed up!
We got a huge snow storm, well that and a series of snow storms that brought about a foot of snow-it wasn't even good snowman snow but we found lots of opportunities to get outside and play in it. Snow if definitely a child's delight, not mine. :)
Alex made this "robot" out of blocks. I thought it was quite creative and I was proud of him for coming up with something totally on his own that wasn't a tower. You can see the 'eyes' and 'smile' and arms and legs. He was quite upset when it got broken.
Yummy ice cream!! A good facial too apparently!
Alex and Savanna watching the snow come down. Our neighbor has a snowblower/plower thing on his mower/tractor and has been awesome to come over and clear our driveway every time it has snowed--one day though Alex was very upset that he had done it because he LOVES to go out and shovel the snow. He's not very effective though and it was a lot of snow and a big driveway!
Savanna is quite the puzzler these days. She can do a couple of the 25 piece jigsaw type ones that we have. She concentrates very hard and gets very upset if Alex tries to help which is often.
We have also done quite a bit of painting lately. Alex enjoys covering the whole paper or drawing his letters while doing it. Savanna is very serious about her art and you cannot touch it or hang it anywhere, it is HERS and only she can decide where it goes. She does have a habit of painting herself too. Good thing it's mostly washable!
Alex and Savanna with their best bud Ellie. These three have seen each other every day for the past two weeks and still are sad to say goodbye! It's so awesome to have a best friend!
Alex and Savanna painting a pinewood derby car for our branch derby in which Alex took 1st place overall and had the fastest time on the track. He was sure cute and ecstatic about it all! He waited a long time for a night where Keith had some time to work on the car with him and was sad that it couldn't be done all in one sitting. When he got up in the morning we had some of Keith's cousins come through town, Alex decided to take matters into his own hands and start hammering in the wheels all by himself. We straightened them a little and helped set them further in, but he really did most of it and apprently did a pretty good job considering how well his car did. Keith's got some pictures on his phone of him with his trophy. He loved to put his car up and watch it go! What a day at the races! That afternoon another of Keith's cousins and an Aunt and Uncle came through town and stopped in. It was quite the fun day with so much family and fun.
And today it is snowing...again! We already have at least six inches. It's supposed to warm right back up so I hope it all melts quickly and lets us get back to spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment