This week we've had AMAZING weather!! It really has been so nice. Every day the temperature rose a few degrees until it was heavenly to be outside. Monday and Tuesday it was a bit colder than was comfortable without jackets, but we went outside and enjoyed fresh air (and lots of dirt) every day this week! I was loving it and so were the kids. We made it to the park a couple of times but mostly just played in the back yard.
The kids pulled out an octopus shaped sprinkler that Alex got for his birthday last year and asked every day if they could play in it. I kept telling them it was too cold, but Friday I finally said ok. It was warm enough that it was a bit too warm just sitting in the sun. (Note--we just had snow bad enough to have had to cancel church only two weeks ago, so our warmth perspective is still quite skewed). Well they had a blast. They didn't get very wet but they squealed and ran around. I think Alex's favorite part was adjusting the amount of water so that they could either run under the streams of water or jump over them.
They wanted to do it again today and I said okay even though it was pretty windy. Savanna was excited to get into her "swimming soups" but didn't want to get near the water. Alex REALLY wanted her to join him, but I think he had fun anyway.
Savanna is in an anti-car seat mood lately. She cries about being 'stuck' and asks to sit up front. I went out to the van and found her all buckled in up front. Sorry little lady--you've still got about 10 years before you can sit there!
Alex and his best buddy Ellie--they were pushing each other on the swings. It was so cute, and so nice that they could play without us there pushing them!
Happy girl in her swim suit!
Hooray for warmer weather!
Too bad for Keith it makes me itch to re-design the yard and I'm too pregnant to complete the projects that I get going just enough for them to need to be finished. :) Thus an unplanned purchase today of a used railroad tie. Yuck those things come dirty! And boy are they heavy!
Oh Lisa bo bisa. Looking at your cover picture made me miss you so much I literally choked up. Your kids are SO adorable! Send some of that awesome weather our way please!
ReplyDelete