Sunday morning, I was getting dinner into the crock pot before church when I got to witness one of those moments that assure me something we're doing is going right...and that I'm so privileged to be a caretaker of these precious souls I call my children.
Alex and Savanna were out on the deck, Alex had a hammer and some nails. He had been told to not hammer any more nails out there, but hammer he did, but not just him. Apparently he was teaching Savanna how to hammer. I watched as he exclaimed in total pride of her accomplishment, "you did it!" After which she threw her arms around his neck and gave him a huge hug. It doesn't sound like much, but it was such a tender moment to witness their love and friendship. They are such friends right now and it is a blessing in many ways.
Abby will be two the end of this month, she is working constantly on language...she cracks me up and fills my heart with her mimicry of words, expressions, and body language. The age of shrugs and cocked heads as she talks and explains things to me is the best!
We're excited to bring home one more innocent life to join our home and family in the next couple of weeks, he's got some good older siblings who are very excited to meet him and teach him all they know!
No comments:
Post a Comment