I love my little boy. That said, can I just say, I'm tired---Alex has really started getting around crawling these days, he also LOVES to stand. He will stand at the entertainment center, the coffee table, the kitchen cupboards, my leg, the couch, and in his crib. This last one has been causing a bit of a problem lately. It seems like I'm fighting him to go to sleep. I put him down, he gets out of his blankets, stands up on the side of his crib and calls out, giggles, screams, etc. I go back in and lay him down, he gets really mad and screams, then it goes silent for a minute and then, calling, giggling, screaming, and such. What a fun game he's come up with right? Well, why not just let him hang out at the side of his crib? He doesn't go to sleep, for hours. Not that I'm leaving him in his crib that long, but with his new found skills that he wants to practice he doesn't seem to have time for naps anymore (according to him, it seems). This is making night time quite atrocious as well, he's bee waking up every hour from about midnight until three or four. We let him cry, but he'll cry for the whole hour, getting more and more upset. Last night Keith went in there and got him to sleep after about forty minutes, this was following two attempts one by each of us to get him to sleep, each lasting about 20-30 minutes. So again I say, I'm tired. But I do love my little guy and I can recognize that this is a stage that can occur when a new skill is acquired and needs practicing! :) I just hope he moves through it quickly.
In other news, he taken to pooping in the tub. Gross. Gag. Ewww. It just seems like it has happened a little too frequently for my poor gag reflex. :) This too, we are hoping doesn't continue long.
That sounds a lot like Levi! He is crawling all over the place now and pulling himself up to stand everywhere. Which results in a lot of bumps. He does take naps but for the past 2 weeks he has refused to sleep before 1-2 am! He has soo much energy.
ReplyDeleteFinally I woke him up early yesterday morning and he went to bed earlier last night. (even though he woke up for a bit once in the night) It's no fun getting no sleep. I hope you get more sleep soon!
I am so sorry! I hope Alex isn't taking after Keith and me. My mom is always telling me how lucky I am that Jaden still takes naps, because Keith and I stopped taking them once we started to crawl. I hope Alex is just going through a phase for your sake.
ReplyDeleteJaden did the same bathtime thing when he was really little and we were bathing with him. Those aren't my most pleasant memories. However, now he'll just urinate in the tub and drink the water. I try not to think about it too much.
Camdon has been going through a crazy sleeping phase too! He wont take naps, he doesn't want to sleep at night. Its frusterating when they go from being little angels to...well, crying tired little angels.
ReplyDelete