It is so fun to watch as Alex is now getting super excited when Keith comes home from work. He squeals and flaps his arms around. He does not however condone Keith kissing me. He's so funny, he will crawl up and push Keith's face away from mine. :) Jealousy already creeping in and he's only eight months old!
Alex is quite enjoying his ability to move around and is starting to explore beyond the room that I am in. He has found the bathroom to be quite entertaining, especially since it makes me come running in to shoo him away from the garbage can and the toilet.
At church on Sunday we sat next to a couple whose daughter is a few months older than Alex and let them play during Sunday School. It was nice to have him entertained and to see him playing with her. There was another little boy sitting behind us and pretty soon, he climbed under my chair and joined them. They were all having such a good time! Alex can be so observant sometimes, you can almost see the wheels turning in his mind as he watches the older babies play and get around. This morning I went visiting teaching and her little boy (11 months) was crawling across the hardwood floor with one foot down and knee down doing a funny scoot/crawl thing and next thing I know, Alex is doing the exact same scoot-crawl same foot and everything! Maybe it's just a coincidence but it was sure cute to watch.
Alex's sleep schedule has also stabilized a bit, he does get up one-two times still a night, but it's so much better than what he was doing. Keith still will get up if I need him to and put him back to sleep. I'm so lucky to have such a great husband and that Alex has such a great dad. I love my guys so much!
Camdon needs to learn to leave my side...sheesh. That boy stays right on my heels all day long, every move I make.
ReplyDeleteWe do need a play date...I'll call next time I'm headed your way.
Lisa, I got your message, and here is my boss' email address: smithtranscriptions@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHer name is Marianne Smith (she's Marta Smith's sister-in-law) and she is wonderful to work for! Feel free to mention my name! I'm not sure if she will replace me or not. She just hired and trained 2 new girls, and I waited to quit till they were trained. Anyway, she could at least put you on a list of interested employees! It is a great stay-at-home-mom job! You just need patience to learn the vocab, fast fingers, and a foot pedal (invaluable!).