Some fun things Alex is doing/saying these days:
*He will go up to Savanna, take her arm and 'help' her give him a hi-5 or knuckles (since her hands are still usually bunched into fists more often than not)
*When he wants you to do something he cocks his head to the side and pulls his shoulder up and says, 'sure, sure, show me'
*Runs and calls "chase you" or "tickle you" when he wants you to do those things.
*Keith's first day of work as he was leaving Alex said, "See you later, I love you"--That's the first time I've understood him ever saying "I love you". He's done really well with Keith gone all day--he's grown quite accustomed to having him around, I'm relieved he hasn't freaked out!
*He likes to lay down next to Savanna when she's on the floor and talk to her, he calls her 'baby sister'
*He calls things "cute" all the time and says "tall-tall" for things that are high or tall...like trees or a building
*The other day Keith was telling him not to pick his nose (he has a pretty raw nostril) and he turned to him and said, "I pick nose!!" very adamantly.
*He loves to pick/smell flowers. He has learned to only pick dandelions and to smell other flowers (that way we don't end up picking peoples gardens as we pass). He also likes to smell grass, leaves, etc.
*He knows a lot of color names, but doesn't associate them with the actual colors, so when something is colored, he just starts throwing out random color names, "Red, green, orange, yeah!"
*He has started making this deep grunting/growly noise and gruff speech
*He has been sleeping in a big bed since we started this trip
*He likes to go potty on his little potty chair, but left undiapered will pee anywhere, even if it's two minutes after he's gone in the potty
*He can recognize all upper case letters and most of the time can tell you what sound they make
*He knows many shapes including circle, square, triangle, diamond, and star
*He has recently started a fascination with rocks and I'm finding them all over
*He has been singing a lot more lately. We have a round coffee table thing in our living room and he will circle it singing "Ring around the rosies". Yesterday he sat in the doorway of the porch and sang his ABC's while rubbing his hands together (that's the hand washing song)--he's particular about if you can join him or not in singing.
*He likes bugs, I've only seen him eat one potato bug, usually he just lets them crawl around his fingers
*Some of his favorite shows are 'Mickey-mouse club house', 'Handy-Manny', 'Elmo/Cookie Monster',
*He still LOVES hats. He has a sun hat that he calls his 'Pirate' hat.
*When he doesn't want to eat something he'll often says it's "too big".
Well, he's awake from his nap and his 'knuckles' with Savanna have her crying so I better go. Savanna is smiling more these days--can't wait for more!! We love our sweet little ones!! It's hard to believe he'll be 2 next month and Savanna is only 5 weeks (tomorrow)--it's been an eventful 5 weeks!
I love this age! So fun to watch their little vocab develop and their indepence shine through. I love the "I pick nose!" and "too big" statements! Ha!
ReplyDeleteWhere are you going in Iowa???! Enjoy! If Alex likes bugs he'll like the fireflies and the sound of the cicada bugs!
ReplyDelete