Sunday, May 22, 2011

We made it!!!!

We made it to Cedar Rapids last night!! It's a beautiful state with lots of vibrantly green trees--reminds me of Washington in that way. We are very glad to no longer be traveling, the kids did really well all things considering. We left Thursday morning from Provo and made it to Cheyenne Wyoming that night. We were somewhat appalled to not only see snow but drive through a small snow storm in Wyoming. Luckily it was nothing like our New Years Blizzard experience. We spent the night in Cheyenne  and then headed off on the morning and drove to Omaha Nebraska. We finished our journey yesterday, went grocery shopping, unloaded the car and settled in for the night, glad to be done with long days in the car. So far people have been very friendly. We are enjoying our new apartment and Keith is excited to start his internship tomorrow morning. I'll write more later when I don't have a sleeping baby on my lap--but just so you know, we made it! Hooray!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I hope you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you survived the trip! I hope you all enjoy your summer! We miss you in Provo!

    ReplyDelete