Alex has been so funny lately. He has decided somewhere in his two year old reasoning that proximity determines independent action. Let me explain.
When he wants to turn on the TV and I've already told him no, he tells me to go sit on the couch. And then keeps a strict eye on me as he slowly puts his hand towards the power button. This occurs with many different scenarios, and it cracks me up. He also has started using phrases such as, "Maybe _______ will help." Like the other day I told him it was cold outside and he said, "Maybe a car will help" Yes, I guess a car would help ward off the cold outside.
He likes the phrase, "I have an idea, maybe..." or "Oh I know" "Let me see, how about..."
We've been trying to make sure he puts on socks and shoes before going outside, this boy is like his mother--shoes are an after thought and mostly incovenient. The other morning, I had just finished blow drying my hair and looked out to see what Alex was up to when he went streaking past me in just his diaper and a pair of shoes (the kind that light up when you walk) and went into my dark room. I could see the flashes of light from his shoes before he shut the door on me. I looked out into the living room to see what had prompted this (he usually goes in and shuts the door when he is doing something he's not supposed to). The front door was cracked open. I could hear him in my room telling me, "I have my socks and shoes on" like he was then justified in what he had been planning. Despite the 30 degree weather outside, he was okay because he had put on his shoes first.
He is such a little scamp sometimes!! What a cutie. Don't get me wrong, his independence definitely causes some frustration and my patience wears thin at times, but I sure do love my little boy!
Savanna is such a sweet girl. A couple weeks ago she learned to roll from her back to her belly. She is also getting really good at sitting. She needs someone behind her for the times she flings her self backwards or drifts to the side too far, but it's coming. I can tell that she's moving on to bigger and better things.
Keith and I went out to dinner with the recruiters from General Mills last Thursday and left Alex and Savanna with a friend of mine. When we got back she was full of adoration for what a sweet girl she was and how well behaved she was. How smiley and happy she was, and how cute her little 'hugs were'. Savanna has started grabbing your face and giving very slobbery kisses. It happens more when she's hungry, but it's so fun! She is a very happy baby. She has a temper and will let you know when she's upset, but the majority of the time she is a happy and content little girl! Now, if we could just get her to sleep through the night! She is in her crib now. I have been lazy and have kept her in the bassinett in our room, but I gave it away this week--so no more crutch!! It's been a difficult balance with the kids in the same room. Alex has gotten much better at sleeping through Savanna's noises, but I think Savanna isn't very used to Alex's tossing and mumbling in his sleep! Also, during the day--Alex's toys are in his room, so it's been a juggle when Savanna is taking a nap and Alex wants something out of his room. He is pretty respectful of the 'baby sleeping'.
Alex still calls Savanna "baby" more than he calls her Savanna. :)
ssssssssssssssssssSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRREEWASSDDDSDSDSSSSSSSSSSASSSSAAAAAz
Alex is awake and helping me type, so this long post is apparently long enough!!
No comments:
Post a Comment