Thursday, January 14, 2010

A tooth, a tooth, I found a tooth!

Don't worry, it wasn't the hard way! :) Yesterday I was playing with Alex and as he was laughing I caught a glimpse of his lower gum line. Lately he has been 'chewing' on his tongue so this area has usually been out of sight. When I saw his lower gums though I noticed they looked different. I had noticed that there seemed to be a swollen spot in front and was wondering if it might start showing a tooth here, well yesterday it was a translucent like area and I couldn't feel anything. Few, right? Well I got excited anyway, even though I'm nursing and understand the possible future implications of teeth, I was hoopin and hollering for him and his almost tooth. He hasn't been really gnawing on anything lately, actually quite the opposite, he has been avoiding anything touching his gums (another clue), so I thought maybe it would be awhile before this tooth showed itself. Well this morning I was checking up on it and voila! I could see something now in that translucent area...could it be? Finger check....yup! His first tooth is showing through on the bottom right! HOORAY!!!
Alex continues to be such a fun little guy, it is so rewarding to be his mom and to watch him learn and grow.
Some new things that he is doing:
~Keith taught him to hold onto his (anyone's) thumbs and pull himself to a standing position. He uses this a lot now, indicating when he thinks bath-time is over (even if he's still covered in soap) and just to get a higher perspective! :)
~He currently makes a 'g' sound and loves when you repeat it back to him
~We have finally settled into a new bedtime routine without the pacifier...it was a rough week or so there at first but I'm sure we'll be glad that we don't have to fight later to get rid of it...we are thinking the sore gums may have played a big part in the forgoing of the bink.

We are receiving welcome packets from the various universities and are excited about this next big step, wherever we go I know it will be such an amazing experience and Keith will do so well. He's such a smarty-pants!

My birthday was Tuesday...Keith put together the cutest video...it's too long to post, but it sure turned out well. He spent all his spare time this past week editing and working on it. He's so creative, I was just glad that this time he sent himself on a treasure hunt and not me! :)

Saturday I got to attend the temple for the first time since Alex was born, it was SOOO nice to be there and just bask in the Spirit and not have to worry about anything else. One of my bestest friends, Annette, was there to receive her own endowment, she had an awesome experience, I was so grateful to have been invited to share in it.

Well that's probably more than plenty! Back to the boy who's backed himself into another corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment