So many new years have begun with a lot of things I was uncertain of...will I meet that one special guy, will I get a job I love, etc. This year, though still full of unknowns there are a lot of things that we are looking forward to. Keith and I will have our two year anniversary, we will have a one year old, Keith will begin a masters degree program, somewhere, barring unforseen disability Alex will begin to walk and crawl and talk and a myriad of other milestones and adventures, will probably get a good goose-egg or injury or two (comes with the whole learning to walk thing), we will get to visit my family in Washington, we probably will sometime this next year start trying for baby number two (more towards the end of the year, but still). And many other grand adventures! We are so looking forward to spending this next year learning and growing together.
So catch up on the past couple of weeks, we made it to Reno without any problems and Alex was great the whole way there and back. We had a great time visiting with Keith's family and it was fun to have so many eager arms to play with and love Alex. It was especially fun to see him and his cousin Jaden (16 months) playing together/stealing eachothers toys. They did very well together. We arrived home safely and had our own Christmas morning in the quiet of our little apartment. Alex has decided of late that he no longer will take a pacifier of any kind. He wants to nurse to sleep at all nap and bedtimes. This of course is impractical and not a good habit to start, so we've had a very upset tired little guy. Hopefully we'll find a new groove and things will calm down a bit. We rang in the new year at home, we watched a movie and then watched as the local stations broadcast the local and New York celebrations. Church has been moved from 9 am to 11:30, we weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves this morning, but boy was it nice to take a little nap before church, get dinner ready to go so we could just put it in the oven when we got home, and all get ready with time to spare.
We are excited for Keith's interview with BYU tomorrow and are hoping they will give us a great offer, then we can start making some serious decisions.
tell Keith good luck at his interview tomorrow! I hope it goes well and he comes to do his MBA here. That would be so fun to be in the same building all the time.
ReplyDeleteOh...keep us updated on the interview status. When you mentioned putting dinner in the oven on Sunday, I had all sorts of flashbacks of rolls with marshmallows in them, pancakes in the George Forman, and all that good stuff. I miss you!
ReplyDelete