Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Help

Alex has started a new thing lately. If he wants something done and he can't do it himself, he'll take your hand and put it on it, or use your finger to do it! The other day he had a water bottle and was trying to open it, he grabbed my hand and put it on the water bottle. He really likes to have my hand when he's pointing to my nose, eyes, mouth, etc. A couple of weeks ago I took his finger and showed him all the different parts, pointing to them as I said them, I think he thinks this is how you do it always :) It's cute though and it avoids a lot of eye pokes and fingers UP my nose instead of ON my nose!  He also gets so excited when you realize what he's pointing/gesturing to while babbling for something. A few nights ago we were eating dinner and Alex kept reaching for something, I thought maybe it was a box that was on the table that had pictures of cupcakes, so I touched it and asked if that was what he wanted, it wasn't. So I tried a couple of other things that were near it, but it ended up being a dried rose in a vase, as soon as I touched it he got so excited he about jumped out of his seat. I let him hold it and what did he do? He tried to eat it. Every bite he would spit it out and hand it to me, and then take another. You'd think he would learn! :) It was pretty funny to watch. It's exciting to see him communicating more and more. I can't believe that his first birthday is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment