Alex loves soft things, this is our fault, we have been very snobby that all his blankets are soft and stuffed animals are soft, he just adores soft things and can pick them out from far away. He will put them in his mouth immediately and has started to cuddle with them too now. I was doing laundry yesterday and I finished his blankets while he was taking a nap, so they were just in our room waiting for a chance to put them away. After he woke up, he found them and pulled them down into a pile on the floor and kept putting his face down on them and cooing, he would come up now and then, but go right back into cuddling position. Then, last night we went to Babies R Us to pick up the jogging stroller Keith got me for Mother's Day and Alex keyed in on the toys they have at the front of the store, you know where they have the seasonal type things. Well I let him get down to explore a bit and he rounded the corner to the back side of the shelves and found a whole long shelf of super soft stuffed animals and varying sizes. He immediately made a bee line for them, grabbed one off the shelf, cuddles and sucked on the foot and then, he dove into the shelf of them, trying to cuddle with as many as possible! It was so funny! It reminded me of Keith when we found a set of throw pillows that were made of the super soft material and this is what he did:
I unfortunately didn't have my camera to capture Alex in a similar position, but I'm sure you can use your imagination and come up with a great image! It was so cute, he looked up at us, like, "Go ahead, I'll be fine right here for awhile!" We had to pry him away. Here is what I saw today:
He's cuddling with the bathmat, which is really soft!
Alex also loves socks, he will chew on his socks, crawl around with them in his mouth, he often goes into his room and gets a pair and brings it out, it is always so amusing to see him round the corner with a pair of socks in his mouth!
He is also working on drinking from a cup, without a lid. He practices a lot in the tub with some nesting cups he plays with in there, he is getting really good and can drink without spilling it down his front or choking a lot of the time. He does still struggle with setting the glass back down without spilling it all over! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment