Friday, July 16, 2010

I want my milk!!!! And other news...

So a couple of weeks ago I started to try and wean Alex. He's not ready it turns out. He has taken a more active role actually in nursing time....he will go get me my Boppy (nursing pillow about the same size as he is), his lovie blanket and let me know by pulling down the collar of my shirt, that it is time to nurse!!! Now!!!

The other night we were in his room reading scriptures and I started to nurse him without the Boppy, Keith offered it to me, but I was already settled so I said no, well Alex got down, went to Keith, got it from him, and gave it to me, then returned to nursing. It was so funny! He has such personality!! He is definitely aware of what he wants and he is pretty good at letting you know.

One other thing that he has been doing to get me to do something for him is when he wants to be picked up he will push me so that he can get in front of me, will grab around my legs and pull as hard as he can looking up with a strained look on his face. If I'm sitting down, he will climb into my lap, put his arms on my shoulders and do the same thing. Awww, he makes me laugh. How can you resist such a clear message though?? So, I usually pick him up or stand up if that is the case, and we go get what he is seeking!

We found a little hat that suddenly Alex loves! It is so cute to see him walking around with a ball cap on, it's a good thing it's got a bill because it sometimes decreases his field of vision and it at least hits the wall first when he's wandering around! His Uncle Adam would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment