I woke up and Keith had made pancakes for breakfast. It was nice that Wednesday is a late start for him at school so we got to have a nice relaxed morning together. An old roommate took me out to lunch and then Keith made me dinner...so nice to have a day that I didn't have to make any meals!!
I like to cook if I have something specific to make. I don't like the decision making process of meal planning. I've tried making a menu so that I can limit this to one day, but when I get to the day I don't want what's on the menu for that day. I don't know if that's exacerbated being pregnant, but if making a menu ahead of time doesn't eliminate the need to make the decision then I'm not puting one together! Besides Keith hates making the menu's with me so it isn't fun. Sorry for the tangent rant!
After dinner, Keith told me he needed Alex and I to go into Alex's room for a bit. I could hear a lot of ruckus going on in the living room, but patiently waited while he made his preparations. This is one of the things that I love about my husband, he is so creative and comes up with crazy and fun things to keen eyt67tgyv b7686vytb8i6jy9m m,m (thanks Alex) keep things interesting.
He finally came and knocked on the door and slipped a piece of paper under the door that had yard attached to it. I had to follow the yarn trail (that was a spiderweb like maze all over the apartment) that had different names that we've been considering attached. Here and there along the way he attached presents that related in some way to a name. For example, the name Bella was on our bedroom door, and inside was a new bookshelf that I've been wanting since our current one is overflowing! Or Marina had a bottle of water, M & M's had two M names, etc. It was fun crawling in and out, over and under as I navigated through-something that is a bit harder being pregnant with sciatic pain, but it was still fun. One of my favorite parts was after we were done, Alex was helping carry presents and while trying to hold one package started to open it. There were some Red Vine licorice in it and he excitedly brought it to me, he was squealing and dancing in anticipation of getting one. He was sure he had just hit Jackpot!
Here are some pictures.
Here are some pictures.
| Alex clapping at the end of "Happy Birthday" |
| Keith got some "pink' baby clothes and Alex started to cuddle with them, he's so excited for his baby sister! :) |
| Keith trying to keep Alex contained while I made my way through the maze, he was pulling on the yarn thinking this was a great game! |
That sounds so fun! I have to hand it to Keith. He always is creative! :) Glad you had a good day. We'll do something soon.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great Birthday! What a creative husband you have. Sure love you and want to see you sometime.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet is that?! I've been out of touch for so long, I didn't even know you were expecting again! Congrats!
ReplyDelete