Monday, January 31, 2011

These past two weeks

These past two weeks have been been full mostly of:
Lots and lots of Kleenex! Alex and I have had colds that just won't go away! We're pretty tired of wiping noses and difficulty breathing at night!
Thursday I got to go do the ever fun (totally sarcastic) glucose screening test-a prenatal test that is a precursor to the gestational diabetes test. Keith took Alex around on campus to see the fish and play in the Eyring Science Center while I went and somehow managed to keep that gross stuff down long enough for them to draw some blood and send me home. We'll find out tomorrow if I passed and am in the clear or if the results were high I'll have to do the next step test. I passed with Alex so I'm hoping we'll be fine and I can relax! Saturday marked the beginning of my third trimester-three months to go! Actually 12 weeks which is the same length as Keiths summer internship will be--a good amount of time but it will go quickly I'm sure!
Thursday night Keith and I went to the home of one of his professors for a dinner activity. It was really fun to see some of his co-HR classmates and their spouses. Some of them I haven't seen in a couple of months which means some have had babies, some are ready to pop, and some are pregnant that I didn't know about! It was fun to catch up and to visit. Alex went and played at my friend's house while we went and had a good time with her three young boys and a neighbor boy about Alex's age! Poor Tasha had five boys under the age of 6 for a couple of hours! Friday was Keith's mom's birthday, so she and his sister and her family came over and had dinner-it was fun to visit and let the boys play together. Saturday we went up to my sister's house for dinner and visited with her family which was fun. She has a few cats and Alex thinks they are so fun-as long as they aren't moving-he will go and say hi and wave and squeal and talk at them, but if they get up and move he gets a very worried look on his face and tells them No! No! and comes back to one of us. He's had one or two over exuberant dogs too many for him to be comfortable with a loose animal that could plow him over! Then Sunday we baked a turkey and had our neighbors over for dinner. So it was quite the weekend of dinner parties! Hopefully no one catches this awful cold! We're looking forward to going to see one of Keith's favorite plays on Wednesday, "The Foreigner" up at the Hale Center Theater-they always do a fantastic job and the main character is one of our favorite local actors. The only drawback is that because it's so popular we weren't able to get our seats together! But we'll all get a fun different perspective since it's 'theater in the round' style.  



1 comment:

  1. Lisa leese! Your family is so so so so cute. I can't wait to see pictures of your next beautiful child.

    I have to say that the foreigner is an incredible play. It is one of my most favorites! Tell me if they do a good job at Hale.

    ReplyDelete