Sunday, February 6, 2011

Alex's language lately has really started to explode in terms of vocabulary and clarity! It seems lately that we are more and more stopping and saying, "did you hear what he said?" It's so fun to be able to understand more and more of what is coming out of his mouth and to hear him be able to express himself and his wants. I hear phrases parroted back that we obviously use often as he now uses them quite often. It is also fun to see him doing more mimicking of words and actions. I don't know if it's an age thing or if weekly nursery has influenced him more than I thought (though I am sure seeing children his age doing these things is quite a bit more powerful than just watching Mom and Dad doing them) but he now will do actions to songs and dance along with his favorite shows.  He is also getting into a 'shy' type phase. It's interesting to see him acting that way since he has been a very outgoing little boy--always on his terms though. He doesn't like unfamiliar people to approach him, though he's fine approaching them on his own. Kind of like with animals. I guess that is the difference. Nursery puts him outside his comfort zone with people who are still a bit unfamiliar and without the security of having either of us with him. Luckily he is still willing to go in without a fight or fuss!

Pregnancy-wise, we definitely have an active little girl. She is kicking and punching and turning all over the place. You can actually see my stomach moving along with her movements which is fun. I love to just sit and stare at her 'antics' :)

1 comment:

  1. Alex sound like such a cutie pie. It is really fun to hear them when they start talking. I can't believe how far along you are with the pregnancy, that is exciting!

    ReplyDelete