Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Wow!! What an awesome year we've had with Alex. It is hard to believe that a year ago we left the hospital with our little bundle wondering if we'd make it, and we did!!! It was so fun yesterday celebrating. We woke up and Alex came into our room to a pile of presents (which had been sitting there since Saturday when I finally got around to wrapping them) and grabbed one to open. Of course we plopped him on the bed and watched eagerly. He is a great present opener and loved all of his gifts. We spent the morning with Keith feeling under the weather but it was nice to have him home. He went to work about 12:30 and we finished the preparations for the party we had that night. I admit I spent probably too much time decorating his cakes, but it turns out that frosting doesn't stick well to Oreo crumbs!!! It made the task a bit more challenging! I was glad to finish those up. We took my dad and his wife to the airport that afternoon and made it home right as Keith was getting off work. We quickly ate some dinner and then welcomed many friends and relatives. It was great to get to see some old friends and especially family. Thanks for all who made it and all who sent birthday wishes Alex's way. He did enjoy his cake but not as much as he LOVED his ice cream...just like his daddy!!! Ok, and me too :)

We didn't finish opening presents until this evening, it's so fun to see Alex's eyes light up at what's under that wrapping paper!

We went to Alex's one year well child check-up this morning. He is doing well, he really shot up height-wise these past months. At his 9 mo appt he was 28" tall and today he measured 31" tall! The nurse remeasured just to make sure it was right she was so surprised at it! He was 21 pounds. The saddest part (as always) was the 5 shots he had to get!!!!! BOooo-hoooo!!! I hate having to hold him down for those. He did bounce back pretty well and was smiling almost when we left.

Here are some pictures of the adventures! Ok, a lot of pictures, but that's what you love, right!?!?!!

This is the Oreo crumble cake...because Alex loves dirt!!!
Yumm!
I think I like this!
Opening gifts!
Proud Mama and Papa!
This is too early for pictures mom!
Reading a new book!
This is the second cake we made...he also loves animals

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Alex! The time really does fly. Next stop - Nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute!! First birthdays are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete