Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!

Monday was our two year anniversary! We found a coupon last year for a night up at Zermatt, a Swiss style resort in Midway, so that's what we did. Keith got off work early, though most of his time was spent trying to get the Ford registered. We went swimming and ate dinner up there (they have a pretty cool hot tub that has a waterfall wall that Keith decided to put on our "someday....." list :D). Alex had so much fun exploring our room, there were mirrored closet doors that I think he saw as the best invention EVER, he had so much fun opening and closing them and parading in front of them! The funniest thing was that he was crawling on the carpet a ton. Since he's become more proficient in walking, crawling is not something that he does often, so it was funny to see him getting down just to crawl back and forth on the carpet. When it was bedtime we put him down and he immediately woke up, stood up and wanted out. Keith and I ended up between the wall and the bed out of his view until he settled back down and went to sleep! :) It was nice to have a big King-size bed with lots of pillows to lounge around on. We watched the World Cup match between Paraguay and Japan, ate yummy pastries and were glad to not have to rush off to work and life. There is something about a night away from home that is so nice!
It has been such a wonderful past two years. I hear people talk about the first year or two being the hardest, Keith and I joke that if that is true, we have a life of ease ahead of us--it really has flown by and has been awesome! I love Keith so much, more and more each day and week and year. It has been so fun to be parents together this past year and to have that new dynamic added to our marriage and partnership. I'm so grateful to Keith for all he's done and for who he is. He's an amazing man! I can't wait for the adventures that await us this next year, especially with the MBA starting in August. I'm sure it will add challenges but we'll be stronger and closer by the end! I love you hon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I laughed about Alex. ;)

    ReplyDelete